Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Have you been kind today?

My, oh my, is it easy to be so self-absorbed and I'm horribly guilty. I love the idea of a "random act of kindness." We tithe regularly from our paychecks to a couple organizations and regularly donate to other causes as well when there's a need. But, we rarely "randomly act." Something tiny can bring a smile to someone's face and inspire them to pay it forward. This blog post is so great - she decided for her birthday to commit one random act of kindness for each year of her life. I love this idea. Wouldn't it be great if each one of us committed one random act of kindness every day (and what a great lesson for our children)! My, what a friendlier world we might live in.

Today, V and I emailed Wingstop to compliment one of their employees for her great, friendly service. Tim and I, even though we don't go there often, have always noticed just how sweet this girl is. She takes our order and our money and fills our drinks, but still manages to make the experience "above and beyond" what you would expect at a wing place. Hopefully the compliment gets passed on to her!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP