Monday, April 26, 2010
Sunday, March 21, 2010
First, I forgot about The Situation and was just reminded of him. This pleased me.
Second, and completely unrelated, I'm wondering if DiorShow is going to live up to the hype! I'm finally trying it...on it's way from Sephora. Will it join these other favorite cliche makeup products of mine?
NARS Orgasm Blush (and bronzer combo) $39 (so cliche...but I'm trying Super-Orgasm (gold flecks instead of silver - fab!) as soon as it comes in the mail)
SMASHBOX Photo Finish primer ($36)
Or, some of my other favorites?
Origins Underwear for Lids ($14.50)
Physician's Formula Eyelighter ($7.99)
What other cliches do I need to try that I'm missing?
Posted by Alexis at 6:24 PM
Monday, March 15, 2010
A meal for someone going through a hard time. More like a good deed than a random act but I heard that a coworker was going to have to have surgery and although her mom was taking care of her, she had recently had surgery herself. So, we whipped up this delicious baked ziti.
We want to do a random act (or a good deed) once a week but life has been a bit crazy since I've gone back to work. So we need new ideas!
Posted by Alexis at 8:11 PM
Friday, February 26, 2010
I'm pretty sure this is the uniform at the leprechaun prison. It's also what V almost wore one day last week. I walked in just in time to cry out, "Noooooooo!" I mean, Tim had it off the hanger and was about to dress her in THIS! Out of all the cute clothes in her closet! Plus, I now understand why baby clothes are generally fabricated in "gender-specific" colors. At this age, we get an awful lot of..."Oh, it's so cute." or "Is it a he....or a she?"
However, she did also wear some pretty cute stuff. Although I don't remember all the "wheres" we can pretty much assume it was for a walk around the lake and some yellow cake batter frozen yogurt (I'm pretty sure the employees at Westlake Yogurt are staging an intervention for me). The days of stay-at-home-mom life are in the single digits - have to get as much yogurt in as possible before next week!
Valentine's Day (celebrated with frozen yogurt of course).
Gap - velour dress with heart pockets
Old Navy - pink cardigan, navy dress, striped leggings (with ruffle bum!)
Old Navy - one-piece
Baby Birgitte Bird on a Wire Dress and cardi
Janie & Jack dress, tights, boots
Posted by Alexis at 10:15 AM
Thursday, February 25, 2010
I head back to work to work on Monday and have two major fashion dilemmas 1) I still have a lot of weight to lose to be "pre-baby" fightin' weight (especially in my stomach!) and 2) I'll be pumping at work and possibly nursing lil V at lunchtime at the daycare. I've realized that I'm probably going to need to keep wearing some of my maternity clothes (especially dresses) because they are forgiving in the waist, and often stretchy enough to nurse in without having to pull my dress up around my neck. But, to take maternity wear to I'm not pregnant no more, some of these dresses and skirts could really use a waist belt. So, this week I'm on the hunt for the perfect belt. The early contenders...
Basketweave belt, $69, Banana Republic
Linea Pelle (via Bluefly), $105
Black Knot, $14.50, Windsor
Interlocking Belt, Anthropologie, $48
Ticker Tape Belt, Anthropologie, $58
Quite frankly, the search could most definitely stop at anthro...so many options I'm overwhelmed!
p.s. I'll also take one of these little pretties in each color (anthro, $58) - I need great accessories since I'm in a "transitional" clothes stage, yes? Je t'aime!!
Posted by Alexis at 11:34 AM
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
After finally feeling the inspiration, we've finally finished up Lil V's room. Final touches will be to move her table and upholstered glider back in (they're currently in our room since she's still sleeping with us) and figure out what I want to do with that empty frame (not feelin' it). But major progress! I love the embroidery hoops -- what an easy, cheap way to add fun to a room. And, they can easily be changed out with new fabrics to change the entire feel of a space. May end up putting more modern fabrics into ours but for now I'm kinda feeling the vintage-y vibe.
Posted by Alexis at 9:57 AM
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Posted by Alexis at 9:48 AM
Subscribe Now: Feed Icon
- 101 in 1001 (5)
- ag (1)
- Alexis Favorites (4)
- anthropologie (3)
- appetizer (1)
- art (1)
- Austin (1)
- baby (1)
- ballet (1)
- bama belle (1)
- banana republic (1)
- BBQ (1)
- becker vineyards (1)
- bed bath and beyond (1)
- beer (1)
- bowling (1)
- bull riding (1)
- burberry (1)
- cejon (1)
- charity (1)
- club monaco (1)
- cole haan (2)
- couch to 5k (2)
- crafts (1)
- crate and barrel (1)
- crocs (1)
- cupcakes (2)
- etsy (6)
- Fashion (8)
- Finn and Porter (1)
- fireman's four (1)
- forever 21 (1)
- fossil (1)
- fray (1)
- frye (2)
- Fun Stuff (8)
- Funny Stuff (6)
- gay marriage ban (1)
- giveaway (2)
- hairy situations (1)
- handbags (2)
- homeslice (1)
- inleaf (1)
- Interesting Stuff (6)
- iowa (1)
- kailochic (1)
- kooba (1)
- martin and osa (1)
- molly (1)
- necklush (1)
- nine west (1)
- niven morgan (1)
- nordstrom (1)
- oasis (1)
- old navy (3)
- photographs (1)
- pizza (1)
- Pretty Stuff (13)
- pucci (1)
- recipe black eyed pea dip (1)
- recipes (1)
- registry (1)
- riverview (1)
- rodeo (1)
- rue la la (1)
- running (1)
- scarf (1)
- shoes (2)
- spring (2)
- spring looks (2)
- stubbs (1)
- sxsw (1)
- tricia mckellar (1)
- wallet (1)
- wallets (1)
- wedding (1)
- weekends (1)
- weight loss (1)
- woodland (1)
- yoga (3)
- yoga yoga (2)
- Yummy Stuff (4)
101 in 1001 List
1. Invest in matching hangers.
2. Sell or rent our house in Richardson. (COMPLETE (rented))
3. Print our wedding pictures, frame and display.
4. Get a subscription to Martha Stewart Living.
5. Decorate my office.
6. Paint our house. (1/3 there)
7. Grow basil (COMPLETE 4/5/09)
8. Decide where we want to live in Austin (for the long-haul)
9. Buy a new house in Austin.
10. Organize jewelry in some kind of “not a complete mess” manner.
11. Get the dogs nice beds. (COMPLETE)
12. (Private) Have XXX in savings
13. (Private) Get debt to under XXX
14. Buy a fireproof box
Fashion & Beauty
15. Find a great pair of jeans
16. Get a real make-up routine
17. Get an anti-aging skin care regimen (and use it).
18. Buy a fabulous pair of sunglasses
19. Buy cowboy boots
20. Run a 5k (in progress)
21. Cook one new meal a month for a year. (3/3)
22. Lose at least 10 lbs. (5.8 down, 4/5/09!)
23. No take-out fast food for a month.
24. Cook a real meal at least once a week.
25. Create a habit of taking vitamins (take one a day for at least 30 days).
26. Get a massage. (COMPLETE)
27. Find three veggie recipes to be part of “the repertoire”
28. Get a fantastic sports bra
29. Take a yoga class. (COMPLETE)
30. Take a pilates class.
31. Take a dance class. (and maybe like one of the above and stick with it!)
32. Eat something I generally find “icky”
33. PRIVATE – Work on xxx
34. Learn how to make paella.
35. Learn to meditate and meditate at least once a week for a month.
36. Get another set of “married” pictures taken.
37. Make a new friend.
38. Take a girls trip.
39. Go on one special date night a month with Tim. (1/1)
40. (PRIVATE) xxx
41. (Private) – xxx
42. Take a photo of us at least once a week for three months. (2/3)
43. Call a far-away friend at least once a month (1/1)
44. Try 15 new restaurants.(6/15, Finn and Porter, Woodland, Three Forks, Stubbs, Zuzu's, Torchy's Tacos)
45. Go to the rollerderby.
46. Go to a concert
47. Go to the comedy club
48. Go to Ester’s Follies
49. Visit a new state.
50. Do 10 Austin-y things (4/10 Alamo Drafthouse, Stubbs gospel brunch, walk around town lake, eat at Trailer Park eatery)
51. Kayak on Town Lake.
52. Go to Umlauf.
53. Go to Arboretum.
54. See a play.
55. Try 10 new beers (1/10, Fireman's Four)
56. Host, or organize, a game night
57. Go to a winery (COMPLETE)
58. Go to a brewery
59. Go on a picnic.
60. Go bowling. (COMPLETE)
61. See Bob Schneider
62. Design set of monogrammed notecards with Gocco.
63. Go to gospel brunch at Stubb’s. (COMPLETE)
64. Go to first Thursday.
65. Go to San Francisco
66. Join a volunteer organization.
67. Stop using plastic bags at the grocery store. (COMPLETE, most of the time)
68. Blog the “best thing this week” weekly.
69. Perform 10 random acts of kindness.
70. Set up regular tithe (COMPLETE)
71. Read at least six business books a year. (2/6, Forgotten Man, Undercover Economist)
72. Read at least six novels a year (I usually read more but feel I need to focus a bit more on the business books for a while)
73. Maintain my blog (at least 1 post a week) for three months. (COMPLETE)
74. Finish the 101 in 1001 list.
75. Make my blog pretty. (COMPLETE)
76. Start a design notebook.
77. Go to the ballet (COMPLETE)
Date: Saturday, October 1, 2011